Important Satyrfarm Drier / Drying Rack

• a Guest
  • Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Satyrfarm Drier / Drying Rack was created by a Guest

Posted 19 Oct 2022 13:09 #2111
Hey, all... it seems that the Drier and Drying Rack share something in common: If the drying is started, then I log off, for the night, there is no product, next morning. If the drying process is started and allowed to run during the day --even with a logout, during the process-- the product will be completed with an end product just as long as I am online.

Go figure.
by a Guest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Buzzy Cnayl
  • Thank you received: 47

Replied by Buzzy Cnayl on topic Satyrfarm Drier / Drying Rack

Posted 19 Oct 2022 13:47 #2112
Are you sure it's not just a question of elapsed time as the some items take 12 hours to dry (the 'faster' items still take 6 hours) There isn't anything in the scripts for the driers that know about day or night etc or if the owner is online or not.
by Buzzy Cnayl

• a Guest
  • Topic Author

Replied by a Guest on topic Satyrfarm Drier / Drying Rack

Posted 21 Oct 2022 22:45 #2123
Yes... am sure. Thanks. Not using drier, anymore.
by a Guest

• Buzzy Cnayl
  • Thank you received: 47

Replied by Buzzy Cnayl on topic Satyrfarm Drier / Drying Rack

Posted 22 Oct 2022 11:04 #2126
It's very odd as the drier is just a 'machine' and so no different in the way it works apart from a long time to make things. When you look at the drier in the morning is it showing the Progress value still? If there is no float text then I suspect your region/sim may be restarting overnight and it might be that causing the problem.
by Buzzy Cnayl

• a Guest
  • Topic Author

Replied by a Guest on topic Satyrfarm Drier / Drying Rack

Posted 23 Oct 2022 15:44 #2145
Perhaps restart is, the problem.. if they are restarting daily. No progress showed, in the morning... there was just no finished product, hovering above the drier. That happened once, during the day, as well, when I was logged out because of full cache or maybe a crash.

Since, I have moved to a 3x3 var, and am going to try it, there. I am responsible for my own restarts, there, so will see if that is, indeed, the problem. Thanks, for your prompt reply. ^^
by a Guest

donate

hg.vivosim.net:8002:Mintor

hg.vivosim.net:8002:Lugo

hg.vivosim.net:8002:Sandy Island

hg.vivosim.net:8002:Julian Beach

opensim logo