Pregunta Water Tower/Wind Pump Max Territory

• a Guest
  • Autor del tema
  • Gracias recibidas: 0

Water Tower/Wind Pump Max Territory Publicado por a Guest

Posted 10 Nov 2022 17:48 #2227
Hi..
I have several pumps/towers, throughout my farm. Most, seem to be doing just fine, but a couple others ran out of water, so some of the trees were in need. Likewise, the fields were also in need, but like the trees, not all. In the case of the trees, the pump was about 45M from the tower; the ones minding the fields, were maybe 10-20M apart.

My question:
I understand that the territory a pump & tower cover is 96m2, and I am wondering if 96m2 of field is too much for one to handle. What would be the maximum, perhaps? Also, suggested distance between tower & pump, and is the well necessary for only fields/trees ...with no NPC?
Thanks
por a Guest

Por favor, Identificarse o Crear cuenta para unirse a la conversación.

• Buzzy Cnayl
  • Gracias recibidas: 47

Respuesta de Buzzy Cnayl sobre el tema Water Tower/Wind Pump Max Territory

Posted 12 Nov 2022 16:24 #2228
If you are using the SF Wind Pump you do need to have one Wind pump per tower. The wind pump will look for the closest water tower, so it is possible that you end up with two wind pumps sending to the same tower and one tower missing out. Generally it's best to put the wind pump close to the water tower to make sure this doesn't happen.

In terms of capacity, a freshly rezzed wind pump takes about 2 hours to fill up, but from then on it stays at 100% and sends out 1 unit of water (as set up in the water tower config notecard, normally 1) about every 20 minutes to the nearest water tower. So you can expect a water tower to top up by about 70% per day.

Each 'plant' (field, tree etc) tops up around once per day if Auto Watering is on. The top up takes 1 unit (see above) from the water tower. So really it's more down to how many plants you have. Based on above one water tower ought to be able to supply around 60-70 plants!
When the plant needs to top up it looks for the nearest water tower (up to a maximum of 96m) and requests water from that, so again the placement of water towers and plants can be key to making sure of even distribution.

If you are using the NPC farmer to water plants then in theory you actually only need the SatyrFarm Well, since the farmer takes water from that to water plants and top up the water in animal feeders, so in that case no water tower is needed (since the well doesn't need a water tower) However the NPC Farmer has no idea of the status of anything and just visits things on a sort of random basis so as you increase the number of plants the chances of some not getting watered in time does increase due to that randomness.
por Buzzy Cnayl

• a Guest
  • Autor del tema
  • Gracias recibidas: 0

Respuesta de a Guest sobre el tema Water Tower/Wind Pump Max Territory

Posted 12 Nov 2022 18:46 #2229
Great!! Thanks, so much, for that detailed explanation!! B)
por a Guest

donate

hg.vivosim.net:8002:Mintor

hg.vivosim.net:8002:Lugo

hg.vivosim.net:8002:Sandy Island

hg.vivosim.net:8002:Julian Beach

opensim logo